Wednesday, May 02, 2007

silent voice

I had grown to love that cosy little room I lived in. There wasn't much space. I could hardly move my limbs. You made my life easy. I ate your food, drank from you, I breathed your air.I wasn't much of an entity then. But I was happy,and you knew that.

Sometimes you would talk to me and when I answered back nobody could hear me but you. Sometimes you would sing to me. Remember I told you that you have a beautiful voice? You smiled. Such a beautiful smile! And then your song would enfold me in it's arms and lull me to sleep. Peace!

And on somedays, I would grow claustrophobic. I would become restless. I would scream in my silent voice. you would still hear me. How did you do that? you would muster all your patience, all your endurance and soothe me till I would grow calmer by degrees , till I would once again turn to my little room and lie there quietly.

And on days when you would grow angry and call me names, not very nice names, and complain about how much I caused you pain, how much I harassed you, how much of a burden i was to you, I would cower and tremble. I felt helpless. I had nowhere to run. I would still lie in my little room waiting for you to shed your anger. You would too, after a moment or two.

Were you very angry that day? Infuriated? But I sensed tears in your eyes. I sensed love in your bosom. I felt you wanted to hug me tight and never let me go! Why did you then?
Why didn't you have me? Why didn't you give me a chance?

8 comments:

Indranil said...

aww, that last para is so sad :(

very well written!

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

wow!!!this all sounds so familiar, almost like someone i know wrote it....

little boxes said...

sad....who is this for???

darkling said...

wooowwwwww...

The Mad Girl said...

@indranil-aww!!:(.thanks.:).

@double-dolphin- it does? thanks.:)

@little boxes-:)yes i admit it is sad.this isn't directed at anyone i know, but i felt this is what aborted babies might feel.:(

@disillusioned darkling-thanks.:)

The Mad Girl said...

@disillusioned darkling-welcome back.:).glad 2 c u.

Sreetama said...

1st time pore bujhte parini tui kar kotha bolte chaichhish kintu ekhon eta ekdom crystal clear! Tui tor bhara barir ghor r bariwalar kotha bolechhish, tai to? Arree, hoy hoy, erokomi hoy! Prothom prothom bariwala gulo khuub bhalo thake. Khete dey, pite dey, gaan shonayparle toke ghum pariyeo dey! Kintu aste aste joto time jete thake r she bujhte pare j tor bhara debar khomota nei, tokhoni tar ashol chehara, daan, nokh beriye pore! Eijonnoi boli shona, bari bhara nebar age bhalo kore dekhe shune ne, ghorer size r bariwalar ashol roop! Taholei to toke r eto koshto pete hoyna r dukkher jinish potro likhe blog o bhorate hoyna! Ta ekhon kothay tui? Toke j dhakka mere bar kore diyechhe ta to bujhtei parchhi!!!
I think this much is enough to get myself brutally slaughtered by this little poetess! 1 2 3 DICHHHKKKAAAAOOOO! Ohh! I’m dead!!! :P ;)

The Mad Girl said...

u r a riot!!