Friday, August 31, 2007

You are fading fast.

You are fading fast
Did your eyes smile with your lips?
Oh what colour were they?
Ah! And your pink fingernails
On those long slender fingers!
Wait!
Your fingers were short and pudgy
Were they not?
I sometimes hear your voice in my head
When asleep I lie on my bed,
low, almost whispering
talking of love perhaps
or indifference or the climate
By god!I don’t remember.
Nothing remains of you
But a stray word somewhere.
A tuft of black hair.
A certain piercing look may be!
And they will run down one day
like colours from an easel
that has been splashed with water.
I’ll trample them under my feet perhaps,
in one of those insomniac nights.
You are fading fast
Or merging in the milieu of my world,
becoming one of them.
On misty mornings you follow me
I don’t turn back.
You are fading fast.
Don’t return just now.

7 comments:

Anoo. said...

This is as spontaneous as it could be... simple yet flowing... like a river! :) no frills no fancy- and hits the mark...!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darkling said...

too good

Arnab Gupta said...

why the new url??

Arnab Gupta said...

tor ei post ta amar ektu tan holo... ami koekdin aageo porechilam, tokhono tan hoyechhilo, ebaro holo... :P

The Mad Girl said...

@Anurima-heh heh.thats coz i cant write beautifully! it's almost always on ur face.
@disillusioned-hey thanks!!
@arnab gupta-to compliment my current mood.
haha.sin sohin's poem/cos sohini's poem?

Sreetama said...

nischoi khub bhalo!