Friday, October 05, 2007

Desires.


I want to walk barefeet on soft green grass moist with morning dew in the wee hours of morning. I want to be the first one to be touched by the first sun-ray of the day.


In the still, silent afternoon heat,I want to drink the mild fragrance of white and orange orchids, anoint myself with the soft breeze and whistle bird-songs.


I want to stand on a mountain top overlooking the vast stretches of green valleys below. I want to fall down, float in the wind like a feather and hit a bed of vibrant hued flowers with a soft, dull thud.


I want to take off from the peak of a mountain and soar high into the azure sky,high above the clouds. And when it rains I will come down,spread my wings and feel the first drop of rain trickling down my shiny white feathers.


I want to dip my callused feet in the transparent green water of a mountain stream that leaps over rocks in a lively gait making a gurgling sound as I sit watching the fiercely bright day mellow down towards a golden...red...violet end.


When the summer moon rises, round,milky and magical, I want to sit on a bed of fallen maple leaves, red,brown and reddish-brown, on a forest floor, listening to the tinkling of the clear blue stream rushing nearby as the vanilla moon melts in it. I want to be silhouetted against the moon light.


In the midnight hours, I want to lie down on the edge of a cliff and count the millions of stars thronging the beautiful night sky. I want to forget myself and enjoy my insignificance and wonder at the beauties of this world.


I want a sky-blue sky, green forests, red flowers, grey clouds,blue streams and a box of colours to colour them anew.I shall mix the colours in strange proportions and exult in the creation of every new hue...like a creator.


I want freedom and a lot of sky.

14 comments:

Anoo. said...

This is like a canvas of random colours and feelings. just the thing to read with some soft music on, it takes you to a pre-lapsarian world!!

Jadis said...

'I want to dip my callused feet in the transparent green water of a mountain stream that leaps over rocks in a lively gait making a gurgling sound as I sit watching the fiercely bright day mellow down towards a golden...red...violet end.'


Beautiful!!!
I had to mute my computer speakers to let this painting seep into me.
I travelled away, far away, looking for the mild fragrance of white and orange orchids...
Keep it up.

indranil said...

ah, lovely desires, all so soft and tender :D

and it's posts like these that confirm that you've left science behind... Arnab must be cringing when he reads this... :P

lost_poet said...

I love the imagery and I must say that some of us really, really want to live that way.

But it seems like life's going to be full of that very if only even when we have a lot of material comfort.

Desire, strange thing sometimes, but not at all inexplicable, not to me at least. :) Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

if u can, try and go on a holiday to a place like that...

Sreetama said...

Wonderful! Nice way of expressing urself! :)

storyteller said...

i love the imagery..makes me want to go away to some place like this.

little boxes said...

loved the ending...beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh, the mad girl is sohini. this is better. Way better. Good blog. Thanks for adding me. me doing the same.

cheers

Ashu!!!

CheshireCat said...

@the mad girl
i love the way your madness pours out into words...

"I want a sky-blue sky, green forests, red flowers, grey clouds,blue streams and a box of colours to colour them anew.I shall mix the colours in strange proportions and exult in the creation of every new hue...like a creator."
*sigh*
i wish...

manisha said...

aaggh....wish sum1 cud sing it...it w truly wonderful n heart felt..

The Mad Girl said...

@anu-that's a beautiful comment!!!thank you ever so much!

@jadis-thanks.:-).hope you enjoyed your ramble.

@Indra-cringing? beating me black and blue more like.:P

@lost poet-thanks.

@inihos-yes I did.I went to sikkim.heaven!

@sree-thanks honey.

@shreya-when i go, I'll take you along with me.:-)

@little boxes-thank you.

@ashu-thanks.

@soliloquist-thank you.

@manisha-thank you.

WritingsForLife said...

beautiful :)

The Mad Girl said...

@raaji-Thank you.:)