Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fantasy.

Somewhere, far away, a clock struck two.
A wayward wind scattered blackness
over the already dark trees and the placid lake
and spread some like a blanket over you and me.
Mingled with the church bell gongs and a cuckoo’s cry
I heard your voice…wispy, soft…'its time to go’
I was lying in your embrace
hoping that time would stop
or lose its meaning
and our kiss would last
till time seeped into our senses again.
You arranged your white gown, smoothened the creases.
You brushed away the remnants of love
from your face, neck and wiped the love-kohl away.
Astride the wayward wind you flew away, blew away,
a virgin again and stripped of love.
When I opened my eyes
and realized
you were a figment of my fantasy,
a dream!
the mirror told me…I have your love in my eyes
and your bracelet nestling in my fist.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet!! btw i loved chiku!!

Sreetama said...

Very nice! Gr8 to read! Ya, I too loved Chiku! It'll surely taste gr8![:P]

Anoo. said...

This a poem for the senses... and for those who love to love!

CheshireCat said...

You arranged your white gown, smoothened the creases.
You brushed away the remnants of love
from your face, neck and wiped the love-kohl away.


beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Cracker of a poem. welcome back to the blogerville after long hiatus!!!!

rukmini said...

your post is lovely. by the way, did you know my pet name is "Chiku"? :P

Jadis said...

Smooth. As usual. And very very beautiful. It swept over me, kinda, like the darkness you mention. Loved it.

Zahid said...

Fluent poem...

Keep on....

ραŁŁαv said...

well lost lady, i hav been a witness to ur wonderful writings since school i guess......but never knew the depth of feelings that u had...ur poemz a wondrful demonstration of that.....kudos to u....n honestly....readin it has made me very drowsy n wantin to follow the same path that u describe in ur poem...

Gauri Gharpure said...

nice... chiku inspires me to get him for myself...

CRD said...

who or what on earth is chiku? [:o]

btw, beautiful poem. loving and being loved is a fantasy of every human being. and it remains just that for a few unfortunates.

lovely poem. keep writing

chris
www.crissdude.blogspot.com

storyteller said...

lovely

funnybunny said...

How come I never find girlfriends who write like you?. Its beautiful and very tasty.

The Mad Girl said...

@lover-Thank you.

@sree-you and your wickedness!

@anurima-thank you shona.:-)

@soliloquist-Thanks.:-)

@Ashu-thanks Ashu.

@Rukmini-Thank you. chiku is a nice nickname to have.isn't it?

@Jadis-Thanksss.:-)

@Zahid-yeah I will.thanks.

@Pallav-If my poem made you drowsy...erm...you sure you liked it malfoy?

@Gauri-thank you.

@CRD-chiku is my virtual pet.thank you so much.

@shreya-thank you.:-).eektu criticise toh kor.

@funnybunny-Oh really? how sad!
thank you.:-)

Sreetama said...

Its eerie! Ajke mone holo! Khub gothic picture aschhilo mone eta porte!:P

The Mad Girl said...

@sree-tai? serokom kichhu bhebe kintu likhini.