Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Five Minutes of Random Thoughts

This one time I have tagged myself because I simply couldn’t but submit to the temptation of prattling freely and without any responsibility whatsoever on my blog. Anyone who comes across this blog is free to consider herself/himself tagged.
So here follows my post on five minutes of random thoughts.

The first thing that strikes me is the incompleteness of the name of the tag as a signifier. Am I then supposed to compartmentalise and then take out a chunk of my thoughts (conceived and conjured in five whole minutes) from the continuum of my thoughts? The problem intensifies with the fact that I consider my thoughts to be fluid in nature…sometimes they are threads also…myriad threads exhibiting a plethora of colours, entangled and creating a complex web of their own in which many a times I myself get ensnared and suffocated. How does one break a fluid up? Now that makes me want to return to my fundamental physics lessons. Day after tomorrow I have an exam on British Romantic Women Poets…I am under prepared…nay, ‘not prepared at all’ is the right phrase to use. I wonder if my five minutes are over! I suppose not. Only yesterday I was reading a travelogue by D.H.Lawrence…and his staunch refusal to economise with words and the vivid descriptions resulting from overabundance of adjectives re-created before my eyes the breathtakingly beautiful church premises of San Tomasso. Strangely, after a while I found myself conjuring up my own phrases to describe the beauty of the few days and nights that I spent in Sikkim. Very soon I’ll be writing all about it. But how can words do justice to the sentiments those heavenly surroundings aroused in me? How can I even dare to venture to reproduce the image of a snow-capped peak deluged in moonlight or the sound of the hilly river that flowed below a suspension bridge or the thrill of trekking on a narrow jungle path ,narrow enough to make you walk sideways lest you fall into the deep dark gorge running parallel to it on its one side? I who am always full of bizarre and outlandish thoughts am drawing a blank now. I can’t think of anything more to write. It’s 2:32 in the morning and the mosquitoes are buzzing around my head singing some awful dirge! The mosquito repellants don’t seem to work anymore. Oh well! They are now immune to these coils and sprays and stuff and are perhaps gloating over the fact that it has taken about a million (they don’t keep a tab of course) malaria-struck and now a few (not so few really) thousand chikungunya-affected human beings to realize that the old-world charms are inefficacious. And finally before concluding my five minutes of random thoughts, well before anybody else can venture forth to ask me if I am pursuing an academic career in Biology, I’d like to politely and in an unwavering voice declare…No I love bio but I am in love with English literature and that’s what I am studying at present. After examining my thoughts on an open platter, I now rest ascertained that my pseudonym suits me fine and does me justice.

By
The only one who flunked BRWP

P.S- Please be kind enough to pardon the liberty I have taken with numbers and statistics.

12 comments:

Zahid said...

great!!! i love being tagged too...but no blogger has yet offered me one/...and now that you hav said to declare urself tagged whoever visits this post....Ill take it..but not now...
And the new template is nice,....you see change is always good !!!

P.S : U r Pardoned for the liberty of messing up numbers !!!

Elendil said...

Interesting stream of thoughts.. Ps: Why are comments a 'reason to go on'? :P You should blog for your own need to write things down. That's why most people do so anyway.

Anoo. said...

It will be child's play for you!

CheshireCat said...

you make it sound so easy...words tumbling out like thoughts...
But this is actually quite a difficult tag to do. And do Well.
cheers.

Anoo. said...

new look loverly. clean and all. yo!

o yes i have lost my mind.

Anonymous said...

i quite like this tag...totally random

Anonymous said...

where u lost ? no visit to my blog ?

Sreetama said...

Write about ur Sikkim trip na! Waiting eagerly for that!

Sam said...

AH!! well i can't take up this tag!! have already done it.. :)
anywyz, I wonder if this is the order of randomness or thoughts, just hwo systematic your actual thought process might be?? or is it one of the effects of studying the queen's language?? ah well.. i don't know, and frankly I don't care. For what matters to me is that your writings are quite coherent and loved reading them.. every word!!
on a sidenote, where did you visit in Sikkim?? having stayed there 4 yrs not too many summers ago, the palce holds a speacila palce in my heart and the old self does a sommersault for joy when it comes across someone who has visited the land of happiness (Su-Khim)!!
Cheerio!!

darkling said...

will tAG MYSLEF lolz

The Mad Girl said...

@zahid- why thank you , you generous and kind soul! do the tag quickly.

@Elendil-well yeah, that's a nice point...why reasons to go on indeed! well there's a story behind it. But that's all hush hush.:)

@anurima-Bless you!

@soliloquist-thank you. but do it, won't you?

@ashu-sorry!!! was caught up in odd jobs.

@inihos- yeah. It's a nice one.

@sree-yeah working on it.

@sam-Really?:O.thank you. I went to sikkim on a photographic excursion this october. It was a wonderful trip.

@darkling- do do do.

Sukhaloka said...

LMAO - too much Modernist Prose!

I'm not doing this tag in a long, long while. Not in public, at least. The trouble is that it's so much harder to slow down thoughts enough to put them in writing. During the very act of writing, automatic censorship always takes over. I can't and won't stop it, as long as I know what I'm blocking out of the writeup.