Saturday, August 19, 2006

Pain

Pain left me not
I begged, I cried, forced and beseeched.
A fonder smile and fonder arms around me.
In that strong inexorable embrace
The world lost itself.
Melted into mellow madness
Or lost its rhyme in a whirlpool of time
I knew not which,
As I blew, I burnt, I flowed and I froze
Weeping and laughing
Awake and in dreams
Enraptured, enamoured, over-whelmed.


I still flow and I still blow
Screaming that I love him not
When in solitude or in a crowd
He comes back
Or ghost of his fond embrace,
And clings on to my body and soul,
Like a lover!
And yet after he vanishes,
Signs left back but in my heart
And on my tear-stained cheeks,
I call him fond names,
Wishing pain, my love, back again.

2 comments:

Sayan Sarkar said...

my untutored eyes never saw the light of rhyme
your poem shattered the cruel walls of insenitivity
you freed your soul...in those foolish words

i wish i were free, too
and have the eyes of hawk and the talons of madness
and come swooping fom the hallowed heights of sublimity
to devour the stained cacass that my body is

love thy neighbour,,,forever.

shreelesh kumar said...

Reminds me of the famous gazal sung by Jagjit Singh

Chupke chupke raat din aansoo bahana yaad hai,
humko ab tak aashiqui ka vo zamaana yaad hai.

tujhse kuch milte hai vo bebaak ho jaana mera,
aur tera daanton mein vo ungli dabanaa yaad hai.

kheench lena vo mera parde ka kona daffatan,
aur dupatte se tera vo munh chupana yaad hai.

dopahar ki dhoop mein mere bulaane ke liye
vo tera kothe pe nange paanv aana yaad hai.