Monday, August 06, 2007

A Promise.

Thousand years from now,
When we meet,
In a different world
Under a different sky
Painted in my mind’s deepest hues
Red and purple…and psychedelic blues,
You shall find me
…Waiting
…by a sycamore tree.
Iridescent dreams
In a halo around my head,
eloquent in my eyes
thousand years of silence.
And extended toward you
A hand full of soft and thick love.


Today let us part
For this mundane world
Will not let us die in love!
A glance, a smile, a touch
To last us a thousand years
Till we meet again
In a different world
Under a different sky!

11 comments:

Arvind Balasubramanian said...

Good one, babe! Made me very nostalgic. I actually sat back to think about my own...well you know what. Very good. I can't put any more words into this to express my feelings. I thank you for this piece.

Arvind Balasubramanian said...

Give the poem a name, though.

indranil said...

The love shows! Brilliant!

Sreetama said...

Uffffffff!!! parinaaa!!!:P but tui barbar death k niye ashish keno bolto??? uttorta jani oboshho! Jaihok, nice nice!!!:)

little boxes said...

very nice...
i believe death is a part of life and this poem rooted my belief even more deeply into my heart
great work!

R.@. said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L !
words fail me...Shakespeare wud have been proud of this!

indranil said...

these are now reasons to go on, eh?

darkling said...

love it............

Princess Banter said...

I love how this one is so full of hope... I think that we need more of these :)

Anoo. said...

'...Waiting
…by a sycamore tree.
Iridescent dreams
In a halo around my head...'

Such beautiful lines!

The Mad Girl said...

@Arvind-thanks Arvind.I am pathetic when it comes to naming things.

@indranil-thanksssss.:-)

@sree-hehe.

@little boxes-thanks. yes death is a part of life.the climax.

@Rachit-hell no! bless his soul.he might be turning in his grave right now for all you know.

@darkling-thank you.:-)

@princess-thank you:-)

@anurima-thankuu.:-)