Saturday, August 18, 2007

Silence.

Suddenly there is a lull all around.
The incoherent medley of incongruous voices
that had reached a crescendo,
not very long ago,
has now died down.
Voices inebriated with happiness
voices drunk in despair
voices of men and women
and their tedious complaining drawls,
voices of the sky and wind,
dry leaves and ripples in water
have suddenly been hushed
by the movement of a withered nervous hand.

Now it is raining.
Silently.

I stand alone
at the far end of the universe
waiting to hear my decayed voice
and the beating of my heart
to know that I live,
that I still live.

4 comments:

Arnab Gupta said...

One word... WOW...

The Idiot said...

hmmm, when an emotional person like her takes up a pen, it becomes a wand. though she is very decent, and cannot speak loudly, her poems literally shout. very expressive as they are, they keep lingering in mind hours after being read. only one thing that i can say about her is ... she's gifted.

Sreetama said...

yes yes, she's gifted coz she i allowed her to take all her gifts & mine too & me had the cake instead!!!:P Was that a PJ???

To comment on this....tor blog ta dekhte shundor!

Anoo. said...

This is like dark magic... reminds me of Plath's: 'I am, I am, I am'